PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF:
– Where are you from ?
Manchester, au Royaume-Uni
– What do you do for a living ?
I am an illustrator.
– What kind of teenager were you ?
A very lazy
– What was your first geek experience ?
– According to you, what’s a Geek ?
A geek is someone who has an obsession with all things to do with popular culture, and has no ability to function in the real world or communicate with normal people.
– Would you see yourself as a Geek ?
I don’t personally think I’m a geek, but I think my wife thinks I am one.
NOW ABOUT YOUR ARTWORK:
– When did you start ?
– Why art and more specifically why geekart ?
I knew i was going to be an artist from a very young age… basically, being an artist is all I can do, because I can’t go anything else. My main interests are movies, superheroes and football… so these are the things I like to illustrate.
– What are your inspirations ?
Football, Manchester United, TV and cinema.
– What is your artistic backgroud until now ?
I studied in Manchester and Lyon… I was a storyboard artist and fashion illustrator when I was younger. I have now produced work for many magazines and advertisements. My work I did for the White Stripes has also been nominated for a Grammy.
– How much time can you allocate to the creation of one artwork, maximum ?
Each illustration is different… I like to allocate a maximum of 3 hours… but some illustrations will take more than a day.
– What tools do you use ?
An Apple Mac and Adobe Illustrator.
– Do you listen music when you work, what kind?
Sometimes, but most of the time I prefer silence.
– What is your artwork you are the most proud of ?
My caricature silhouette of Bruce Willis.–
– Some upcoming projects ?
I am illustrating all the writing staff of the New Yorker magazine at the moment… also I will be starting a massive project with a very famous hamburger company.
– Where are you displayed ?
Only on the internet at the moment.
– Can you name your geekart hall of famers ?
Drew Struzan, Mike Mignola, Bill Sienkiewicz
– Did you ever meet with one of them ?
No. Even if I had a chance to meet them, I probably wouldn’t want to… « Don’t meet your heroes! »
– Do you know what is the public’s and other artists’ perception to your art ?
I can only assume that the public like my artwork, because I receive fan mail and illustration requests everyday. I also have a print shop that is always selling prints.
– Where do you think GeekArt fits best : in a Museum, in the streets or on a t-shirt ?
Geek Art belongs in our society… wherever it can be easily consumed for as many people to appreciate.
– Can you please draw or realize anything that inspires you right now ?